Today, I'm going to be sharing a couple of my favorite things *cue Sound of Music*
Seriously though, this blog has mainly been a portfolio for my writing and poetry so I thought it'd be fun to switch it up and talk about some lipsticks that I've been loving this summer.
Two of my absolute favorite, must try lippies this summer have been a beautiful peachy-nude Huda Beauty liquid lipstick and this gorgeous reddish-burgundy color by Mac.
#1. Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick in Trendsetter
If you guys are lipstick addicts like me then you know how hard it is to find the perfect nude lipstick that doesn't make you look too ashy or washed out. And I am so, so lucky to have finally found my everyday nude. This is literally my go-to lipstick, I've already finished an entire tube of this lipstick, it is beyond amazing. I've tried a bunch of Huda's lipsticks and Bombshell, which most people rave about as being a perfect nude made me look SOOO washed out so this may look darker on people with fairer complexions but I'm sure it'll look gorgeous regardless.
Why I love this lipstick:
Where can I find this? This retails at Sephora in Dubai for AED 100 or you can buy it on Huda Beauty's official website here for $27.
I'm not sure where you can find an original in Pakistan but I did seem to spot some at Vicky's in Khadda Market in Karachi and in the Ammi's cosmetics section.
#2. Mac Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Diva
Okay, listen up, I know this is more of a fall shade per say but I couldn't resist adding this to the list. I'm generally someone who tends to shy away from reds and dark colors, preferring to stick to browns, nudes, and plums so you have to believe me when I say that this lipstick is TO DIE FOR!
You have no idea how beautiful and creamy and smooth this lipstick is.. This is perfect for evening wear - for parties or a formal dinner, to dress up a casual outfit or add a pop of color. This is the holy grail of reds I'm telling you (don't tell me this is too dark to be a red, I will fight you)
Why I love this lipstick:
Where can I find this? It is slightly on the pricey side but most Mac cosmetics are. It retails for $17.50 on Mac's official website, I think in Dubai it's more expensive at 120 AED.
#3. Soap and Glory Smooch Operator Lip Butter Balm
Sorry, couldn't take any pictures of this one - this is just a regular type lip balm that comes in a small 8g jar, it has a pink sheen to it but goes on clear. I saw this at the pharmacy and couldn't resist the cute packaging, plus I'm a sucker for lip balms and chap sticks. I have chronically chapped and dry lips no matter how much I moisturize and how much water I drink because I have the tendency to pick at the dead skin on my lips (TMI?) I only started using this last month but I have noticed a slight improvement and I literally cannot stop using this because of how nice it smells.
Why I love this lip balm:
Where can I find this? I got it from Boots for 50 AED I think but you can get it online on the Boots website or their website for £5
Bonus: check out some of their other stuff, slightly pricey but such nice packaging and totally worth the cost!
That's all for now - bye guys!
There are two of you – double vision, double trouble.
Two of you – the body and the soul.
Eros, they say, eros.
Eros is an anagram for Rose. Rose tinted glasses. Rosy cheeks. Rising.
Eros is your skin itching when you hear the word home
Eros is your heart in your ears. Blood on your tongue.
Eros is your soul slamming against your ribs begging to be let out.
Eros, it whispers, eros. Let me go home. Let me be free.
Softly, softly – let it blossom let it grow.
A quickening of the pulse.
A two fanged viper waiting to strike.
Your body is fighting back now.
Body against soul
Patient body restless soul.
Your body hurts you because it loves you.
The twins Castor and Pollux. Hatched from the same egg. Separated only by death. Now they’re both stars in the sky. Look. Look. There they are, wave hi, it’s Gemini.
When I die make me a star. Paint me a constellation. Mold me a galaxy.
Make me a Gemini.
I wrote this poem because its both a blessing and a curse to be two halves of a whole. It is both beautiful and terrifying to feel so intensely - I am constantly contradicting myself, wanting to do too much, it is scary being two beings at once. And I love it.
1. Always, always, always be kind. Be kind to yourself and be kind to others. The world is a miserable place as it is, you don't need to add to the misery. You were not raised to view the world with suspicion, to walk through life with your fists raised but with open arms and an open heart.
2. Be grateful. Say Alhamdullilah.
3. Put yourself first – your needs are important and they matter. You did not spend all that time mending yourself only to rip your skin open all over again.
4. Do what makes you happy - chase your dreams, the only way to be successful is to live a life filled with joy and passion.
5. There will be bad days but you will get through them (chocolate always helps)
6. Learn to ignore the part of your brain that spews nothing but self-hatred. You don’t need it. Come to terms with your anxiety - you cannot always control external affairs but you can control your own thoughts.
7. Nothing good ever comes out of feeling sorry for yourself.
8. Pettiness, hatred, holding grudges gets you nowhere, all it does is weigh you down. Let it go, it's not worth it.
9. Grieving is a long and tedious process, let yourself grieve. Let the anger, the sadness, the frustration come. Let yourself hurt because that’s the only way you can become whole again. The wounds will heal, all it takes is a little bit of time.
10. DRINK LOTS OF WATER AND MOISTURIZE REGULARLY!!!!
11. All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage. Let go of the fear that is holding you back from living the kind of life you want to live.
12. Pay attention. Be aware. Be present. Don’t photograph a sunset but take it in, live in the moment. Life is in a constant state of flux, hang on to every single second because before you know it they’ll be gone.
13. Being vulnerable is not a bad thing.
14. It is not possible to live a life without any regrets. Nothing is perfect in life, you just have to decide which imperfections you can live with; the regret is inevitable.
15. Prayer changes things.
16. Be kind to your parents, give them hugs, spend time with them, that’s all they want from you. Sometimes you’re too busy growing up to realize that they’re growing old too.
17. No decision made after 2am is a good decision (trust me on this one)
18. Be nice to people but don't force it. Don't be too focused on leaving your mark– people like me aren’t remembered but no matter what – your feet have still walked on these carpeted floors and fingers skirted across these wooden desks. Please remind yourself that what your hair looks like on a Sunday morning doesn’t matter, no one remembers class presentations and one day your nervous tremors will stop.
19. I have not yet learned 19 things. It takes time to learn from the mistakes you make and I’ve got plenty of learning and growing left to do still.